>>How do I setup My Own Free eThought.com Inspirational Home Page? Setup instructions
>>How do I include a link to eThought.com on my organization's website or my personal website? Link information
>>How do I receive eThought.com on my RSS Blog Reader? Blog information
>>How much do you charge for the eThought.com emails? The daily and weekly eThought emails provided on this website are provided at no charge. This service is free. We do not ask for or accept donations.
>>I am having trouble receiving the emails (either not receiving them...or problems reading email), can you help me? Click Here for detailed instructions
>>I did not subscribe, but for some reason, they are being sent to me. Can you help me unsubscribe? Please select the unsubscribe link at the bottom of your email, or send an email with the words unsubscribe or remove in the subject line to: email@example.com
>>How would I change my email address? At the bottom of the email you receive, click "Update Profile/Email" address and change the email address on the next screen. Or alternatively, you can register the new email address by entering it above. You can unsubscribe from the old address by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email.
>>How do I change my email selection (e.g. daily or weekly)? At the bottom of the email you receive, click "Update Profile/Email" address. An email will be sent to you with the information to make changes.
>>I have an email account hosted by eThought.com and I have questions? If have a hosted email account through eThought.com and have questions, please click here.
>>Other Question? For questions, comments or suggestions not listed above, please contact us.
Setup Default Home Page: Click Select MyHomePage, then select the theme and background picture you would like. Once you've done this, click on "setup" at the bottom or top of that page for additional instructions. Note: If the underlined link called "Make this My Home Page" does not work, then click the Setup button (for detailed instructions) after you Select MyHomePage.
Visit our link center for available online links, and also custom links.
If you have an RSS reader for reading blogs, the url for eThought's blog is: http://ethoughtblog.com. If you do not have a RSS reader for reading blogs, there is a free online reader available at http://www.google.com/reader . After setting up your free account with Google, then enter ethoughtblog.com as the url for the site you wish to read.
- I am having trouble receiving the emails (either not receiving them...or problems reading email), can you help me?
Choose from the following lists of common issues:
- Never received any emails after subscribing. There are two or more possible solutions: A. Make sure that you fully subscribed. Enter you email address, press "Go". On the next page, you must type your email address a second time (to verify that it is spelled correctly) and indicate whether you want daily, weekly, etc., then press the "submit" button. Look for any error messages. B. It is possible that your Internet Service Provider is unintentionally blocking the email messages (sometimes our messages get caught in error in spam filters). First, try adding our email address to your ISP contact list (some spam filters do not filter out emails from people included in your address book. The email address to add is: firstname.lastname@example.org If this does not work, if you have an alternative email address at a different ISP (e.g. AOL, Hotmail or AT&T), try that alternative email address. C. If your internet service provider has a "Safe List" or "White List" for your preferred contacts, be sure to enter our email address there. If you are unable to receive emails from our email server, please contact us at email@example.com and we will see if we can send them a different way...or visit our online eThoughts at www.ethoughtblog.com.
- Received several emails in the past, but am no longer receiving them. There are a couple of possible reasons: A. If you forwarded your email to another person through your own email system, then it is possible that the person who received it looked at it and then clicked on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email (since it was your email...it unsubscribed your address). In the future, only forward emails to friend using the "Forward to Friend" option at the bottom of your email. The email will be sent, but it will not contain any information for someone else to unsubscribe you. To check to see if you are unsubscribed, then just subscribe again. B. It is possible that your ISP is unintentionally blocking the email message. See information above.
- Having trouble reading emails on the screen. Here are some possible solutions. A. Text Size is Too Small or Too Large: If you are reading your email from an internet browser, most browsers have a way to adjust the text size so that it is larger or smaller. For example, in Microsoft Internet Explorer or in Outlook, go to "View" and then "Text Size" or "Fonts" and then select the size that is best for you. To change the text size in other browsers or email applications, check the help section of your software. B. The Email Contains Unrecognizable Codes...or My Email Client Does Not Support Graphics and Pictures: The emails are sent with html code to show colors, graphics and images for email clients that recognized the codes. If you are able to see these codes, your computer may not support graphics and pictures. Go to the subscribe form and enter your email address, then click "Go." At the bottom right of the form, check the box for "text only" emails, then reenter your email address and click on "submit." C. I Want Email With Graphics and Pictures, not just text: Follow the instructions for 3.B. above, but "unclick" the "text only" box. If your email software supports graphics and pictures, your next emails should be correctly displayed. For questions, comments or suggestions not listed above, please contact us.
- How do I change my preferences (daily or weekly, etc)? At the bottom of your last email, there is a link called "Update Profile/Email Address". Click on this and follow the instructions.
- Please unsubscribe me. Click on the link at the bottom of the email called "Update Profile/Email Address." Then uncheck the emails that you no longer wish to receive...or click on the unsubscribe button to stop all emails. If you wish to stop all emails, just click on the "SafeUnsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email. If this link is not working, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words "unsubscribe" or "stop" and we will remove your email address from our list.
- Other. If the above answers do not help, please contact us with your question at: email@example.com